HaccUp™ Strategic Hacks
HaccUp™ Hacks go beyond mere technical exploration to create scalable business models and compelling pitch presentations. Our hackathon protocol includes:
1. Concept Development
Introduction of design-thinking brainstorming and concept development scaffolding:
- “App-preneur” Game: Our proprietary ice-breaker card game to kickoff the hack process.
- Team & Roles Selection: Divide into teams if haven’t done so already and assign key leadership roles for each team.
- Optional Client Presentation: Hacks are often centered on solving a specific problem. For example, an ecological nonprofit presents a challenge to track beach with a prize purse for the winning competitor to build the app.
- Bodacious Brainstorm: Design-thinking methods, specifically Google Sprint Method, is taught to define a significant problem, unique solution, good timing and impactful vision.
App-preneur Card Game
“App-preneur” Card Game. Learn key elements of an app concept as well as team roles.
2. Demo Development
The goal of HaccUp™ Hacks is to create a sustainable business concept including:
- Solution Approach: Define the philosophical approach to the solution.
- Key Feature Demo: Create a prototype, wireframe or storyboard to describe the key MVP (Minimum Viable Product) feature.
- Tech Description: Define technology and other key resources required.
3. Pitch Presentation
Create a pitch to present at the hack’s ending showcase:
- Visual Presentations: Prepare a slide deck or live presentation.
- Feature(s) Demo: During Presentation, include features demo.
- Optional Competition: Option to include awards and prizes with a judging panel.
- Optional Awards: Option for sponsor(s) to fund winning concepts into HaccUp Accelerator.